Saturday 19 May 2012

Al-Watan al-Akbar





My country, my beloved
The greatest country
Its triumphs fill its life
Each day its glories grow
My country grows and is liberated

My country, my country

Abdel Halim Hafez
My country oh angel your love is in my heart

My country, oh country of the Arab people

Oh one who called for unity tomorrow
After you saw the beauty of revolution

You are great, and much more great
From the whole universe, from all immortality

My country
My beloved country

Sabah
You are sweet oh glory that fills our hearts

You are sweet oh victory oh cup that saw us

You are sweet oh unity oh mosque of our peoples
You are sweet oh sweetest melody in our lives

Oh infectious melody between the oceans
Between Marrakech and Bahrain

In Yemen, Damascus and Jedda
The same tune for a perfect unity

The unity of all the Arab people
My country my beloved

Faiza Kamel
Our nation that we protect

Candles all around her

A paradise that pleases he who makes peace
And hellfire pours upon her enemies

Look at Beirut after the aggression
Where is colonialism and tyranny?

The strength and power of the people has increased
And Port Said's story harbored emnity

The Arab people have lived and triumphed
My country, my beloved

Shadia
My country, most precious country in the world

My country, oh fortress of freedom

My country that builds with the builders
And you tear down slavery

The voice, your voice is free and Arab
No eastern or western echo

Oh you whose soil is the makeup of my eye
Oh you whose love is perfume that envigorates me

You are my beloved my Arab country
My country my beloved

Warda
My country, oh revolution against their colonialism

Fill your isles with fire that destroyed them

If we all seek martyrdom for you
The stone of your mountains will combat them

Colonialism will meet its end at our hands
Gone from the world is its time

Not in Algeria or Oman
The revolution will destroy tyrrany

Nothing but the triumph of the Arab people
My country my beloved

Najat al-Saghira
My country oh paradise that all envy

Of its glories and wonders

Oh you whose canal returned to your hands
And you preserve the good of the world

Take from the bounty of your dam
Make, plant and build with its light

Oh you whose highness is in our worshipping hearts
My country whose whole life is sovereign

Country of glory, the Arab country
My country my beloved

Abdel Halim Hafez
My country who crawls towards its triumphs

Oh you who lives a life of glory

In Palestine and our rebelling south
We will complete your freedoms

We are a country that protects and does not threaten
We are a country that preserves and does not waste

The country of glory my Arab country
My country my beloved


 

No comments:

Post a Comment